If you have decided to use oral sedation for your surgical or scaling and root planing appointment, you will need to arrive at our office no later than 30 minutes prior to your procedure. For example, if you have a 7:30 surgery, be here by 7:00 am to receive sedation.
· You should not eat anything 6 hours prior to your procedure. Clear liquids (ex: water) are okay to drink until 2 hours prior to the procedure.
· You will need someone to drive you to and from the appointment.
· You are not allowed to operate a motor vehicle for the remainder of the day.
· No signing of legal documents should be done for the remainder of the day.
· If you are 10 or more minutes late for your sedation, your appointment will need to be rescheduled and you will be subject to the $100 cancellation fee.
· Approved medication can be taken prior to your surgery time; however, it is ideal to take medication following your procedure.
Oral Sedation instructions